Friday, December 11, 2009

Almost Time

Well Nicole and I went to the doctors on Wednesday for I think or 31 week visit. That is just crazy to me. It seems like just a month ago or so we were driving to sarasota to our first appt. The appt. was great and the Dr. said everything is perfect and that Nicole is right were she needs to be.

Ty's due date is February 5th. Nicole starts her maternity leave on February 1st. We asked the doctor how far past the due she lets people go before inducing them. This led to Nicole telling her that she starts her maternity leave on the 1st and the doctor said if we wanted to we could schedule it for the 1st. This will eliminate the crazy drive from venice to sarasota (which I was kinda looking forward to) and it also gives Nicole a full 12 weeks with Ty before going back to work. We are so excited.

Dustin finished up the mural in Ty's room and it is absolutely amazing to say the least. I will post up pictures when I get home later. If anyone needs a mural done or wants some artwork for the house PLEASE check out: www.designsbydn.com

You will not be disappointed. As you can see on his site and the pictures of Ty's room, Dustin has an amazing talent.

My birthday was on the 6th of December. That night we went down to my moms for some BBQ Pork and to just hangout and play cornhole. It was a great time. And on Thursday Dustin and Vanessa had us over for a birthday dinner. Dustin made his chicken pasta stuff and it is almost better than his artwork. One of my favorite things to eat now a days. Hanging out over there with Dustin, Vanessa, Derek, Tiffany, Nicole and myself I realized how lucky we truly are. Nicole's family is amazing. I always here people bitch about there In-Laws and well I can not relate to that at all. I have THE BEST In-Laws anyone could ever ask for. They have helped with so much in the past 8 years. It will be impossible to ever repay them but I think when Grandpa Joe and I get to take Ty to his first baseball game that will be a good pay back!!!! I am so thankful for my Mom, She has been an amazing mother and has always done all that she could to make sure we had what we wanted growing up. Even if it meant her working 2 jobs to make the extra money. As a kid you don't realize what that means. You just want the newest and coolest thing. Well as an adult I understand all that my mom had to do and I thank her for that. My Dad and both brothers now live in North Carolina. It will kinda suck for them not to be here the day Ty is born but they will be down at the end of the month.

I also realized what amazing friends, both old and new, Nicole and I have. As you have read our relationship with Dustin and Vanessa is really more like an extended Family. They are like brother and sister. Dustin is such and awesome dad and has taught me alot about being a new dad. What to expect and "what not to expect." haha Vanessa has really been a huge blessing to Nicole. Now instead using google for every question and freaking herself out, She just calls Ness. Both of them are amazing parents and we feel very fortunate for them to be apart of Ty's Life.
As well as Derek and Tiffany who also are like brothers and sisters. They are very genuine friends and will help out with anything they can. Ty is going to have alot of Aunts and Uncle's who are amazing people.(Dustin and Vanessa are going to be IN-Laws we decided Lily and Ty are getting married.)

One friend I haven't said much about is my Best Friend Reid. Reid and I met about 10 years ago while working for the same company. We instantly hit it off and became really good friends. Over the years Reid and I became like brothers. He was the first to know that I was going to ask Nicole to marry me. Then Him and his wife Kim took me to go ring shopping. He was one of the first people I told about Ty!!! He will definitely be one of the people in the waiting room while Ty is being born. So a huge thank you to you and your family Reid. I love you guys and we are so happy to have you and your family be apart of Ty's Life. (and I can't wait for that first fishing trip with him!!!)

well I have rambled enough. Just sitting at work thinking about all this and thought I would share it.

And last but most important Thank You to my amazing Best Friend,Wife, Mommy to be Nicole. You are the biggest blessing in my life and I love you with all my heart. Thank You for all you do and for being the amazing person you are. only about 6 more weeks baby!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're sweet. We love you guys. Thanks for the compliments :)

    ReplyDelete