Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis' The Season!!!






November has come and gone, putting is closer to the due date!!! 9 weeks left! In November, I had 2 baby showers (one for work, hosted by a great friend (Rickie) & one for other friends and family given by 2 of my aunts!! I had an amazing time at both, and thank you very much to those who came and for all of the gifts! Ty's one lucky baby already!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun! We had dinner at my parents and really enjoyed the time with my family! For some reason, this year especially I felt more aware of the things I was thankful for. I know everyone hears me do my fair share of complaining about working in an Emergency Room, but being there has opened my eyes to a lot of things, and I think has helped me not take anything for granted. This year, I felt more than ever before, thankful for good health! For not only myself, but for the health of my friends and family.
Having to tell someone 2 days before Thanksgiving that they are loaded with cancer, from her brain to her spine and suggesting to her that the wedding she was planning for herself and her fiance scheduled for this coming January should be rescheduled for a much sooner date really put things into perspective for me!
Also made me thankful for my parents, that they have devoted their entire lives to giving me the tools in life I need to be who I am today. Taking care of children who you know don't stand a chance in this life (may sound harsh... but also true) because of the way their parents choose to raise (or not raise) them is absolutely heart breaking!
For my husband, whom I know will never hurt me in any way because of disagreements we have in our marriage!
For my sister, because I know when that day comes when our parents are gone, and she is all I have left, she will always stay by me and never let me be alone on holidays. To see older people when they have nobody else, be taken to an ER the day before major holiday's is also hard to watch, knowing that the reason they are being dumped is so that others taking care of them can "enjoy" their day with out having a "burden" to take care of.
Lastly, thankful that God has chosen Drew & I to be parents. I never realized how hard it is to have a healthy successful pregnancy. At least once a week, we tell someone in the ER that they have had a miscarriage. Now being pregnant that is harder than ever. You really don't realize how fragile pregnancy and new life is, it should never be taken for granted. And should be cherished very gratefully!
On a happier note, we were for the 2nd year in a row part of the Venice Christmas Parade! Drew's shop had a float in it! Iy was a lot of fun! Ollie was not a part of the parade this year, he gets a little freaked out by all of the lights, and music and people! (not a surprise for those of you that know him)
Lastly, we have about 9 weeks to go until Ty is here... Wahoo :) So excited!!!! Dustin is coming to the final stages of his room, which looks more and more amazing with every session that Dustin completes : see pics below :

No comments:

Post a Comment