Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear Ty

Dear Ty,

Well welcome to the world. I had some thoughts on how I might feel when you were born but nothing was even close. I am so amazed with you. All your mom and I do is stare at you while you sleep. You are so perfect. The day you were born was a cloudy overcast day. You were suppose to be born on February 5th 2010. But We decided with the doctor that we were going to induce on February 3rd. So on February 1st I was off work and I made mommy go every where with me. She was a little mad at me because she was tired and wanted to lay down and relax. We ate a wonderful spaghetti dinner that your mommy made that night. The next morning on February 2nd Mommy woke up and told me we should go to the hospital. We drove up there and arrived around 8am. They checked mommy and moved us to Labor and Delivery around 9:25. Both your grandma's, Joepaw, Aunt Allie, and daddy's best friend Reid arrived within the next couple hours. You had a wonderful nurse Jessica who was one of mommies friends in school. She took wonderful care of Mommy and you when you arrived. Dr. Hamel showed up at about 3pm. Mommy started pushing at 3:19 and at 3:45pm you were born. You were so beautiful. Daddy cried like a baby for about 20 minutes watching you get cleaned off and lay on mommy. You were 21 inches long and weighed a whopping 8.16 lbs.


We stayed in the hospital for the next 2 days and then came home on February 4th were you met your brother ollie for the first time. The first night you were awake alot and we realized you were just hungry and 1oz of formula just wasn't enough. So we gave you 1.5 oz's and you were sleeping like a beautiful baby.

You have alot of people that already love you so much. But the most amazing person through this whole thing has been your mom. Since the day she found out she was pregnant every decision we made was all about what was best for you. It was fun going to doctors appointments and watching you grow inside mommy. When mommy gave birth to you it was a miracle of God. It was absolutely the most incredible thing I have ever been apart of and your mom did a perfect job. She loves you so much and just keeps staring at you.
We have a ton to learn still and what I have learned so far is:
Changing a diaper isnt that hard - But alot harder after a circumcision
Since your a boy if there is no diaper on yet and you have to pee you do. And whatever is around is what gets it.
You are a little fart machine when you are eating.
You make the most precious sounds when you are sleeping
You like to fall asleep half way thru eating or burping
You are my new best friend and I will do everything I can to make sure you have the best, easiest, and least painful life that we can give you.

You also have a ton of family that wants to be with you all the time. Both Grandma's , Joepaw, Aunt allie, Uncle Dustin and Aunt Vanessa, Lily, Uncle Ben will get to meet you on Saturday, Uncle Nick and Grandpa will be down in a few weeks to meet you also. You are the most loved little bundle of joy. Thank you for all the happiness you have brought mommy and I already and we will do our best to do everything right.

I love you so much and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you apart of it.
I LOVE YOU TY, YOU AND MOMMY ARE MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love you
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment